CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Father's Day

Well, I am just a bit late in posting this, but we have been running late this whole month. We went to celebrate father's day a week late this year and I still haven't given my dad his gifts yet. Nor have I made his card. But I do have it all planned out, and will complete it today.

So for chris' dad we got him some tickets to go see Ron White in savannah in Aug. This is what Chris' mom said to get him. Of course, we got her a ticket as well. AND we also decided that we needed to go with them as well. So in Aug. all 4 of us will be laughing at lil ol tater salad.

This card was inspired by a card that Susan Dean made. She is awesome with copic markers, so I look to her for coloring ideas.
This card uses a stamp set from H&M stamps called Just for dad. ( I tried to find a link, but im not sure if their website is still up or having problems)
This card is 5.5" square. Again.. I had envelope challenges with this. I really need to find square envelopes!
But on this card, I made the opening crease about an inch away from the original middle crease. This is where I glued the scrappers floss down, and you cant see the floss ends.
I also used a metal rimmed round tag that I am sure I picked up at staples or somewhere simillar. I also used some metal spiral rings that i got from TAC. And I tied the floss to those rings. The brads that are on the stamped panel are also from TAC, they are ribbon brads, and i cut off the metal loops. I wanted a rougher, more manly brad, I think this worked well. The fish are fish stickers I got from LSS and they are Jolee's.
Hope that makes sense when you check out the pictures. Hope you love it and leave a comment.



0 comments: